Sunday, December 01, 2013

Thinking

I am thinking about what it means to belong. An odd thing to think about as I do not believe I have a frame of reference for the thought. I have been placed into a lot of classifications, phylums, sub-phylums, and mutations I suppose. But belong? Belong to what? To who? Its not a pity party. Its a contemplation. A puzzle. One that drifts in and out of my awareness based on the quantity and length of distractions of the day. It is not a question of whether there is kindness and light from others. There is that and I am very thankful for it. But that does not equal "belong". I am an ally to life. To a lot of people. I will help where help is needed and received. This is good. But that doesn't equal "belong" either. I am not sure if it is possible to "belong" for me. Again, not a pity party. Just an introspection by an introvert. Except maybe belonging to God. Pretty sure that's real.

No comments: