Friday, February 22, 2008

Praise You in this Storm



I was sure by now

That You would have reached down

And wiped our tears away

Stepped in and saved the day


But once again,

I say "Amen",

and it's still raining


As the thunder rolls

I barely hear

You whisper through the rain

"I'm with you"


And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes away


I'll praise You in this storm

And i will lift my hands

For You are who You are

No matter where I am


Every tear I've cried

You hold in Your hand

You never left my side

And though my heart is torn


I will praise You in this storm


I remember when

I stumbled in the wind

You heard my cry

You raised me up again


My strength is almost gone

How can I carry on

If I can't find You?


I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord

The maker of heaven and earth...

-Casting Crowns

No comments: