Monday, August 27, 2007

Love notes from the Father.

I've been away from this for a while but I haven't forgotten it! People who know me know that I have been having lots of struggles in my personal life but I want to say that God is incredible! Things are improving and I am maturing as a result of the battles. There's a reason God doesn't let us see the whole war we have been placed here to fight for Him. If we saw it as a whole we might not charge in. But instead he takes us through it one battle at a time. Victories interspersed to keep us motivated. It's like taking someone who can deadlift 200# and then throwing them onto 600# and asking them to pull it. It's overwhelming and we can't do it because we haven't been through enough to carry that kind of a load. So we train, we gain experience and strength from the exposure to carry us on through similar situations and even tougher ones.The past few days I have gotten several love notes from the King that have got me kind of cranked up! Improvements in my marriage, affirmations about a new direct to take for church life, opportunities to share God, and so on. And every now and then God even spoils us:Today God even gave me a piece of candy. What do I mean by this? We have a gym at work that I use during lunch. For months I have been battling and stuck at 485 on deadlift and every time that weight came with extreme effort, pain, and almost passing out from head rushes. Today, with absolutely no exploding feeling from the neck up I nailed 500# without a hickup in the pull. I haven't done that much weight since I was 19! There was no world record in this and no fanfare. God could care less if I deadlifted a cockroach but He knew I've been wanting to hit this for a while and there is no doubt in my mind it was a gift. Before anyone says I am attaching too much to this being from God I need to say that I was listening to Casting Crown's "The Voice of Truth" as I was prepping for the lift. I wasn't really paying attention to the timing of the pull but as I approached the bar this is what was playing:"The giant keeps on telling me time and time again'Boy you'll never win, you'll never win.'and just as I locked out this is what I heard:"But the voice of truth tells me a different storythe voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"and the voice of truth says "this is for my glory"Out of all the voices calling out to meI will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth"Coincidence? I don't think so. No such thing and definitely no such thing for God's kids.I yelled so loud I expected people to run into the gym from the assembly floor but noone came in and that was good. All was well.What choice did I have but to raise my hands right then and there and thank my King for the sweets?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO KING BABY GO! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.L