Thursday, October 23, 2008

Matthew 10:29-31 NKJV


This little one got herself trapped in a house that I am remodeling/painting/breaking/fixing. We have the floor torn out of a kitchen and several contractors are working on multiple aspects of the estate. I was working in the basement at the time. I went upstairs to use the bathroom and I saw this sparrow flying all over the place banging her head into the windows over and over again in all of the rooms (I couldn't open the windows because it was too cold and other guys were painting in another area of the house and that's not good for paint at all). She was looking for release everywhere. From her perspective every window promised to reward her chosen direction. Each window lied to her. Many of the same windows lied to her several times. I tried catching her over and over again and she kept flying away from me. Obviously she didn't trust me to release her from her prison so I kept my moves slow and deliberate so as not to speed her on her way to an early demise. Eventually she flew down into the floor of the kitchen and hid. I backed off and went back to my work for a while to give her space. A little later I went back up and there she was again trying desperately for freedom. I started directing her by closing doors to the larger areas as I could steer her flight. After closing off four rooms I had her down to a room with a bathroom. She tried each of the windows again and then went into the bathroom and I followed. I just stood there for a little bit watching her fly around in a very finite space until she finally landed on the floor and just surrendered herself to whatever I had planned for her. I reached down and gently cupped her into my hand and took her outside taking just long enough to tell her that I really was watching out for her. Then I released her to where she really needed to be. Her life would have ended if I hadn't guided her through her false assumptions and move her back to the path that would sustain her.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."-God

No comments: